1 AED = 0,27 USD
Ajman is the smallest among 7 emirates. It's area is 0,3%, which is equal to 259 square kilometers (the area of a largest, richest Abu Dhabi is 67,340 square kilometers).
It is important: Ajman is a tax-free zone.
Each beneficiary, who ordered a registration of a company in Ajman, receives a UAE visa and a certificate of a tax residency.
- Textiles, finished clothes, leather products.
- Food industry, drinks, tobacco industry.
- Timber, furniture, woodworking industries.
- Paper, paper products, publishing industry.
- Chemical and plastic industries.
- Non-metallic mineral products.
- Metal products, machinery and equipment.
Shipbuilding, pearl mining, universities, medical institutes are also developing in this emirate.
Enterprises in Ajman can rent land for 20 years with further extension, they are exempted from taxes for 40 years. Ask for personal advice on establishing a UAE companies from YB Case team.
- A branch.
- a strategic central location;
- benefits of a FZ;
- easy access to raw materials;
- low rental prices for land and offices;
- a modern infrastructure.
- The ability to open an office in the UAE;
- Enterprises can open bank accounts in UAE banks;
- The ability to obtain resident/work visas;
- Allowed 100% ownership by foreigners;
- Allowed 100% withdrawal of income;
- No financial reporting requirements;
- No import/export duties
- No travel tax for individuals.
- A min. authorized capital is 10,000 AED, a max. is 100,000 AED.
- Only registered shares are used, bearer shares are prohibited.
- A shareholder/director can be an individual or legal entity, regardless of residency, a min. number is one. A sharer can be both a director and a secretary.
- Financial reports and an audit are not required.
In Ajman, residence visas are issued for 3 years, subject to annual payment of license renewal. If there is no payment for the extension, the residence visa is canceled.
Requirements for obtaining a certificate by an individual:
- a presence of a resident visa for at least 6 months;
- a presence of an open bank account in the UAE, which should regularly receive payments (wages, etc.);
- a confirmation of a place of residence in the UAE.
Requirements for obtaining a certificate by a legal entity:
- an enterprise should exist for more than one year;
- the availability of an office;
- an availability of a valid resident visa for shareholders/directors/managers;
- a confirmation of doing business (for example, bank statement).
Obtaining a license in Ajman: types of licenses
- Trading (a cost 3000 AED);
- Industrial (a cost 7000 AED);
- National industrial (a cost 7000 AED);
- For services (a cost 5000 AED);
Starting January 1, 2018, a VAT was enacted in the Emirates:
- a standard tax rate of 5% is levied on imports/exports to UAE residents;
- 0% rate is applied, when importing/exporting goods/services in SEZ, outside Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, in international transportation;
- a tax exemption is provided for certain financial services, life insurance, etc.
Mandatory registration by a VAT payer is required for:
- SEZ-registered companies;
- If the annual turnover of a company exceeds 375,000 AED.
You can also register as a VAT payer in Ajman on a voluntary basis, if the company’s annual turnover exceeds 187,500 AED.
A reporting (tax) period is established by a tax service for each enterprise separately. A deadline for filing declarations/paying a VAT is a 28th day of a month, following a reporting period.
You can open a “smart office”, an “executive office”, and even a “smart warehouse”. In the first case, for $7500 a year you will receive an equipped workplace in the common working area, an opportunity to hire two employees, in the second - a separate office room with an area of 16 to 40 square meters, a right to hire up to five people (a cost of this offer is $9500).
Warehouses include all necessary utilities. Their area start from 100 square meters. Prices start from 250 AED per square/per year.
Plots of Ajman
Prices start at 10 AED per square/per year. A minimum area is 2,000 square meters.
Are you interested in setting up a company in Ajman? - Pay attention to the advantages of local business centers:
- a fully connected workstation;
- a hotel;
- free Wi-Fi;
- issuing an access card;
- use a business center 10 hours a week;
- all utilities are already included in the price.
For more information on the subject of this article, we recommend ordering professional advice on registering companies in UAE from IQ Decision experts.
A cost of registering a company in Ajman is 2199 USD.