To register an enterprise in France, you must apply to the French Center for Business Formalities, which, also, processes applications for registration in the register of commercial and industrial companies.
A phased process:
- to choose a type of company;
- to provide constituent documents (notarized);
- to register shareholders data in the commercial register;
- to get a tax number;
- to obtain an appropriate license in France.
Registering a French business enterprise, in the implementation of the above items, takes from 7 days.
A package of required documents:
- A booking form in the name (submitted to the Commercial Register);
- A characteristic of an enterprise;
- Data on all shareholders, directors, notarized copies of documents;
- A distribution of shares.
A Charter is the main document, written in French and notarized, that are required, when setting up a company in France. A Charter contains a detailed information about sharers/directors, a statutory fund, about the share of shares of interested parties.
The legal address determines the tax residency. A confirmation of this is the rental.
Please note: an address can be changed or expanded (when opening branches in France).
A process of establishing an enterprise
- Choosing a unique (a previously unregistered) name;
- Opening a corporate account in France;
- A submission of necessary documents.
- Obtaining a French licence (can reach several weeks).
Enterprises must list themselves in:
- Manufacturing - in the Chamber of Commerce;
- Commercial agents and non-trading organizations - in the Commercial Register;
- Agricultural firms - in the Agricultural Chamber.
Each firm should receive an extract from the Register of Trade and Companies (RCS).
Types of businesses:
- an LLC (SARL). A liability depends on the amount of a down payment. An authorized capital is 1 euro.
- an Open JSC (SA). Suitable for medium/large companies. A distinctive feature is the presence of the Board of Directors. An audit is required. The minimum authorized fund is 37,000 euros.
- a Simplified JSC (САС). There are no minimum capital requirements. A number of partners is 2, who freely organize all types of activities.
- an LLC (EURL) with 1 member. Looks like an LLC, but a taxation is different.
- a Full Partnership (SNC) can be established by at least 2 associated companies, who are endowed with an equal liability for debts of the enterprise.
YB Case experts are ready to provide a client with a detailed information on opening a corporate account in a French bank, assist at every stage of registering a French enterprise.