Moldova is a European jurisdiction. Developed areas are: an agriculture and a winemaking. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, the Republic of Moldova became an independent state. Those, who wish to set up a company in Moldova, should familiarize themselves with peculiarities of this country.
- registering a Corporation in Moldova;
- registering an LLP in Moldova;
- registering a representative office in Moldova.
Basic requirements of the LLC (SRL):
- 1 director and 1 shareholder of any nationality.
- The min authorized fund is 300 USD.
- A submission of audit and financial statements to the commercial register of Moldova are annually.
- The beneficiary’s personal visit is not needed.
Key nuances of the AO (SA):
- Used by investors, who would like to trade stocks in regulated commercial markets.
- The min paid up capital is 1100 USD.
- 1 director and 1 shareholder, a residence does not matter.
- An audit financial statements is annually.
- can be 100% foreign;
- the subject can participate only in non-profit events, for example, a market research.
Benefits of registering a company in Moldova:
- a corporate tax rate is 12%. The tax structure is similar to the EU;
- no requirements for the presence of a local office;
- the beneficiary and the secretary do not need a visit to the country (in the process of registering the Moldovan LLC);
- A personal visit is required for one shareholder and one director (in the process of registering a Joint-Stock Company in Moldova).
- 50% tax deduction for the income, derived from the export of goods from SEZ;
- 25% reduction in a corporate tax on all other income;
- profits, derived from goods, exported from the SEZ, are exempted from taxes for 3 years a (minimum investment of $1,000,000);
- profits, derived from goods, exported from the SEZ, are exempted from taxes for 5 years (a minimum investment of $5,000,000).
Moldova has signed double taxation avoidance agreements with 48 countries, including: Austria, Belgium, France, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Bulgaria, Canada, China, France, Germany, Ireland.
In most cases, dividends, transferred from a subsidiary, registered in Moldova to a parent company, are not subject to taxation.
If you have decided to register a company in Moldova, it is worth considering:
- some documents require a translation into the local language - Romanian;
- a certain type of activity may require a license to conduct business.
Experienced specialists of our company will be able to help you to organize a business abroad. We will provide consulting and support services at every stage of company registration in Moldova.