Entrepreneurs, who want to run their business in Europe may be interested in the jurisdiction of Spain. The article was written for educational purposes for those, who wish to register a company in Spain.
You can open in Spain:
- a Sociedad Anonima (SA - the analogue of AO);
- a Sociedad de Responsabilidad Limitada (SL - the analogue of LLC).
A company nameThe process of registering an enterprise in Spain includes choosing a company name. When registering the name of a Spanish company, you should pay attention to the following points:
- the name must be 100% unique (make sure, that such a name is not patented by another company at the moment and has not been used before);
- make sure, that the company name is easily readable and memorable for a potential client;
- corresponds to services/goods, provided by the company (so as not to mislead future consumers).
Requirements and norms
When planning the process of registering a company in Spain, we recommend you to consider the following information:
- the minimum number of directors (there may be legal entities and individuals) is 1 (without residency requirements);
- a minimum number of shareholders (legal entities/individuals) is 1 (without residency requirement);
- the minimum authorized capital is 3,000 euros for SL and 60,000 euros for SA.
- you should have a local registered agent;
- having a secretary is optional;
- there are no requirements for an annual audit of the company.
To open a company in Spain, you must provide a full package of documents. Request for advice on the preparation and notarization of all necessary documentation from YB Case specialists.
A taxation in SpainSpanish taxation is an important issue for entrepreneurs, who plan to register a Spanish company. We recommend you to pay attention to the following key tax rates:
- a VAT is 21%;
- a corporate tax is 25% and 30% (depending on the income of the company).
You can obtain more detailed information by consulting our staff.
professional assistanceWe recommend you to ask for professional advice on registering a company in Spain. Having started a cooperation with YB Case, you can count on support in registering a Spanish company, as well as in opening a bank account in Spain.
In order to contact us, use contacts, listed on the site.