Estonia is a country in the European Union and one of the most convenient and successful jurisdictions in the European space for international business activities. In 2017, the government of this state approved a new law on combating money laundering, which entered into force at the end of last year. This law regulates the cryptocurrency market. Under this law, companies, registered in Estonia, can carry out cryptocurrency transactions, but only with the appropriate license.
YB Case provide qualified support in obtaining a license for the exchange of cryptocurrencies in Estonia. We believe, that there are now more opportunities in cryptocurrency activities for development and plan to provide all updated information to our customers.
The electronic exchange of cryptocurrencies is now no less relevant, than the electronic exchange of real money, therefore, obtaining a license for the exchange of cryptocurrencies in Estonia is a frequent request of our customers.
Since the Supreme Court of Estonia recognized bitcoin as an alternative means of payment for settlements, and recognized, that bitcoin has a certain value, and designated the token as a financial instrument during the ICO, YB Case lawyers offer this country as the best European cryptocurrency solution.
What is needed to obtain an Estonian cryptocurrency exchange license:
- to get an Estonian e-resident card - from 3 weeks (needed, when registering the company for a foreign person);
- to register a company in Estonia:
- a registration term is 1 day;
- the period of entry in the register (it is important to wait to open an account) is 5 days.
- to open an account with a bank in Estonia:
- opening a bank account in Estonia requires one visit to this country;
- LHV Bank and Swedbank have an option before a decision is made;
- this means, that before arranging a trip, you can get a bank decision to open an account in Estonia;
- to do this, you need to fill out bank forms and include necessary documents;
- then a bank processes the application for 10 business days. If the decision to open an Estonian bank account is for your company, you can fly to Estonia;
- filing an application in order to obtain a license for the exchange of cryptocurrencies in Estonia:
- a term for obtaining an Estonian license is 1,5 months.
- to obtain a license for the exchange of cryptocurrencies in the Republic of Estonia and actively conduct online activities throughout the European Union.
The Estonian cryptocurrency exchange license provides an opportunity to exchange cryptocurrencies and to create a virtual wallet. The authorized capital for the issuance of this license is not required, but, if the company will issue its own electronic currency, a minimum authorized capital of 350 000 EURO is required.
Request personal advice on opening crypto exchangers in Estonia by contacting YB Case specialists and you will get the best solution for your business.
Highly qualified specialists actively monitor innovations in the legislation of countries around the world and know how and where it is better to start a business. We will provide full assistance in company formation a company in any European jurisdiction, help you to open an account in Estonia and provide full support in obtaining a license for the exchange of cryptocurrencies in the Republic of Estonia.