Benin is a small French speaking African country with the capital Porto Novo, located along the Slave Coast in the Gulf of Guinea.
It borders on Niger, Burkina Faso, Togo (in the west) and Nigeria (in the east). The jurisdiction is a member of the following organizations: WIPO/TRIPS, ICSID. The official currency is CFA Franc.
Starting a business in this jurisdiction can be a profitable solution. And if you want to learn more, you can ask for qualified advice on a company registration process in Benin and opening an account with the African bank.
Popular spheres of business
Those, who are interested in registering a company in Benin, we recommend considering the following business sectors:
- Setting up a Benin tourism company. The government is actively attracting investors to the tourism sector by creating favorable business conditions;
- Registering a gold mining company in Benin (there are 39 explorations);
- Opening an oil and gas company in Benin (there can be lot of potential explorations);
- Setting up a Benin agricultural company (for collection and export of cotton, cashews, fruits, rice, yams, tapioca, palm oil, etc.);
- Registering a logging company in Benin.
For more information, please request for individual advice on a business organization procedure in Benin and opening a corporate account with a bank in this jurisdiction from YB Case experts.
Legal forms & tax rates
Most often, entrepreneurs decide to register a SARL in Benin. We recommend you taking a close look at the comparative table of available business types with the corresponding tax rates.
Corporate tax rate
Recommended Minimum Share Capital
SARL in the Free Trade Zone
18 000 USD
*Audit is required.
The most common option is to set up a Free Zone LLC in Benin.
If you are planning to open a Benin company remotely, then you will need to fulfill the following conditions:
- At least 2 directors and 2 shareholders (can be non-residents);
- A registered office (rented office space);
- A package of the documents with notarized translations into French;
- A public register of beneficiaries.
In order to register your own business in Benin and establish business processes you will need up to 4 months. You can set up a company in Benin without personal visit and open an account with Benin bank remotely with qualified assist of our experts.
You have an opportunity to open an account for a Benin company with 21 African banks. We recommend you considering the following bank institutions, which cooperate with non-residents:
- Diamond Bank;
- Bank of Africa;
- Societe Generale;
If you have questions, you can receive personal advice on a company registration procedure in Benin. Also, YB Case competent team will provide you with professional assistance in the registration of a physical office in Benin and in the account opening with the African bank.