Haiti (“Mountain Country”) is a Caribbean French-speaking republic on the island of Hispaniola (Haiti), the eastern half of which is occupied by the Dominican Republic. The capital is Port-au-Prince. Haiti is inhabited by approximately 10 million people. The coastline of the country (1,171 km) is a wide field of activity for fishing and shrimp fishing.
Haiti's crude oil exports are up to 6,000 barrels per day. On the island are numerous deposits of minerals. A good solution for entrepreneurs is to set up an agricultural company in Haiti, since this jurisdiction has many plantations with cashews, avocados, mangoes, oranges, cereals, etc.
Key sectors of the economy, in which it is beneficial to register a business in Haiti:
- a power engineering;
- the agriculture (mainly cereals in the Artibonit river valley);
- a manufacturing sector;
- a building;
Planning to establish a company in Haiti, it is important to know which tax system operates for various legal forms:
SS2I (BPO & IT company)
LLC in the free trade zone
A corporate income tax
VAT on sales of services to local people
* Since the company was registered in Haiti, the first 15 years are tax holidays
In order to establish a company in Haiti, it is necessary to fulfill the requirements of the Regulator:
- to register a unique trade name in Haiti, under which you plan to register a commercial firm in Haiti, check and book it;
- registration of a company in Haiti requires at least 3 shareholders;
- one director of any residency is enough;
- to pay a minimum authorized capital of $500;
- to purchase (you can rent) an office (it takes 2 weeks to draw up a lease).
We will assist you in setting up a company in Haiti remotely
YB Case specialists will provide legal advice on opening an account without a personal visit in Haiti with such banks, as: Bank of the Republic of Haiti, Banque de L'Union Haїtienne, Capital Bank, Citibank, Sodebank. It takes 5-6 months to open a corporate account with Haiti banks, at the same time a company tax number is issued. It takes up to 4-5 months to open a company in Haiti.
Please, check with our specialists for possible solutions for your business.