Madeira

Madeira

Madeira is an autonomous region located in the Atlantic Ocean and belonged to Portugal. It is a part of the European Union.

Madeira is popular among entrepreneurs from all over the world due to its business advantages.

If you would like to set up a company in Madeira, then you will need to familiarize yourself with the key features of registration process and choose the legal form for doing business.

Business entity types

Those, who want to carry on business in this region of Portugal, have the following opportunities:

  1. To set up a Public Company in Madeira (SA):
  • Shareholders: 5;
  • The minimum amount of the share capital is provided: 50 000 € (upon registration, you must pay 30% of the share capital, the remaining 70% – over the next 5 years);
  • It is allowed to issue registered shares and bearer shares;
  • You need to register the name of the company;
  • You need to register an office;
  • You should prepare the necessary list of documents.
  1. To open a Private Company in Madeira (LDA):
  • Shareholders: 2;
  • There are no requirements for the minimum size of the share capital;
  • The ability to issue only registered shares;
  • The issue of shares is permitted both registered and bearer;
  • You need to register the name of the company;
  • You need to register an office;
  • You should prepare the necessary list of documents.

The process of registering a company in Madeira usually takes about 2-3 weeks.

Tax rates

If you are planning to open a Madeira company, then take a closer look at the tax conditions:

  • Corporate tax: 21%.
  • WHT on dividends: 25%.
  • WHT on royalties: 15%.
  • VAT: 19%.

Reporting:

  • Mandatory maintaining and filing financial statements;
  • No audit requirements.
How to register a company in Madeira remotely?

Setting up a company in Madeira and opening an account in Portugal bank is a promising option for conducting business activities.

Read also:

For more information, please contact YB Case experts, and we will provide you with qualified advisor and all the necessary support.

The field must be filled
How can we contact you?*
Please enter a valid e-mail
Please enter a valid phone number