Tunisia is an independent state located in Northwest Africa and bordered by Libya and Algeria. It is one of the most attractive countries for tourism business in North Africa with a Mediterranean climate.
If you want to set up a company in Tunisia and open an African bank account, take a look at the following:
- The official language is Arabic;
- The capital of the state is Tunisia;
- Tunisian dinar (TND) is the official currency;
- Population: about 12 million people;
- The country is a member of the following organizations: AMU, Ara League, Group of 77, AU, OIC, CAEU, COMESA and others.
Tunisia is not included in the list of countries participating in the automatic exchange of tax information (CRS). This means that you have an opportunity to register a company in Tunisia without disclosure of any data.
You can ask for individual advice on company registration procedure in Tunisia from YB Case experts.
LEADING ECONOMIC SECTORS
It can be profitable to open a company in Tunisia remotely in the following economic sectors:
- Oil and gas production;
- Food production;
- Textile industry;
- Information Technologies;
According to Doing Business 2020, Tunisia ranked 78th in ease of doing business and 19th in starting a business.
Registering a hotel business in Tunisia as well as setting up a Tunisian pharmaceutical company may be a good solution in 2020.
Legal forms & taxation system
If you are planning to establish a company in Tunisia, then you can choose one of the following legal forms:
- Agribusiness company;
- Regional Development Zone company (RDZ)
- Export LLC;
- Tourism company;
10%-20% on dividends and interest payments
0% for 10 years, 10% thereafter
0% for 5-10 years, 10% thereafter
Our specialists recommend you registering an LLC in Tunisia or opening a Tunisian export LLC.
In order to set up a company in Tunisia remotely and open a corporate bank account with a Tunisian bank, you need to fulfill the following conditions:
- A unique name of the company;
- A preparation of documents in Arabic;
- A secretary;
- A bank account in Tunisia;
- A license;
- A physical office (optional)
Terms of registration are up to 1 month
How to start a business in Tunisia
You have an opportunity to register a company in Tunisia remotely and open an account for a Tunisian company remotely. Our experts recommend you taking a look at the following banks:
- International Tunisia Arab Bank;
- Attijari Bank;
- Tunis International Bank;
- Arab Tunisian Bank;
- Banque Franco Tunisienne;
- Banque de Tunisie.
For more information, you can request for advice on business organization process in Tunisia. In addition, YB Case experts are ready to provide you with a qualified assistance in establishing a company and obtaining a license in Tunisia.