Uganda is an independent landlocked country located in East-Central Africa.
Those, who are planning to register a company in Uganda and open an African corporate bank account, we recommend considering the following:
- Languages are: Swahili and English;
- The capital is Kampala;
- A population is more than 43 million people;
- The neighboring states: Kenya, Tanzania, South Sudan, DR Congo and Rwanda;
- Ugandan shilling (UGX) is the official currency;
- The country is a member of AU, Non-Aligned Movement, IBRD, IMF, WTO, Commonwealth, OIC, ADB.
To learn more about the jurisdiction, you can ask for qualified advice on company registration process in Uganda from YB Case specialists.
LEADING BUSINESS SECTORS
Those, who are intended to establish a company in Uganda and open a corporate account with a Uganda bank, we recommend considering the following business solutions:
- Registering an agricultural company in Uganda (coffee, cocoa, tobacco, sugarcane, tea, bananas);
- Setting up a mining company in Uganda (gold, coal);
- Opening the Uganda export company;
- Registering an IT company in Uganda.
Also, it can be profitable to set up a business in Uganda in the following economic areas:
- Textile industry;
- Food production;
- Automobile industry;
- Chemical industry;
- Construction industry.
Business entity types & taxation system
If you want to open a business in Uganda, then you can choose one of the following legal forms:
15% on dividends, royalties and interests
YB Case experts propose you to register an LLC in Uganda as it is the most easy-to-manage legal form.
Setting up a company in Uganda can be a good solution for the following reasons:
- More than 10 DTA agreements with European and Arab countries;
- Free repatriation of capital and profits;
- According to the Doing Business 2020, the country ranked 80th in getting credit, 92nd in paying taxes, 77th in enforcing contracts;
- The country does not participate in the automatic exchange of tax information (CRS).
HOW TO REGISTER A COMPANY IN UGANDA REMOTELY
In order to open a company in Uganda, you will need the following:
- A unique name of the company;
- Founders: individuals or legal entities (two) of any nationality;
- A company secretary;
- A registered physical office;
- A business license.
Terms of registration are up to 7 weeks
You have an opportunity to set up a company in Uganda without a personal visit and open a corporate bank account in Uganda remotely.
Our experts propose you to take a closer look at the following banks:
- Uganda Women’s Trust Bank;
- Bank of Uganda;
- Central Bank Uganda Extension.
YB Case experts can provide you with qualified personal advice on a business organization process in Uganda, on opening an account for a company in Uganda, and provide professional support in obtaining a business license in Uganda.