If you are planning to open an account in Georgia remotely, then consider the opportunity to open a corporate account with the Bank of Georgia, which is one of the leading financial institutions of this jurisdiction. It is the first private financial institution to receive the status of a state bank.
Opening an account for a company with the Bank of Georgia will be a promising solution, because the bank operates internationally: most of its shares are owned by UK investors and the bank occupies more than a third of the Georgian financial market.
The bank's shareholders are Management LLC Firebird, Franklin Templeton Investments, the International Monetary Fund (IFC) and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).
The availability of high quality bank services, the reliability and stability of this financial institution, as well as the developed legislation of the country encourage beneficiaries to open an account with the Bank of Georgia. This leading financial institution was recognized as the best in Central and Eastern Europe by the prestigious magazine «The Banker».
If you are interested in opening an account with the Bank of Georgia, then we recommend you taking a closer look at the key advantages of this institution:
- It was founded in 1903 and licensed in Georgia;
- The bank provides a wide range of retail banking services, corporate banking services, such as opening an account for a company with the Bank of Georgia, and investment management services;
- The list of banking services of this institute includes such areas, as: a construction, logistics, retail and wholesale, international organizations, the electricity, TV/media, pharmaceuticals, consumer goods, and hotels;
- It has over 2 million bank accounts, including corporate ones, and 275 branches with 820 ATMs, thereby proving that it has the largest distribution network;
- The bank has a fully functioning remote banking platform and a modern call centre. Opening a corporate account with the Bank of Georgia is facilitated by advanced technologies;
- You can open a multicurrency corporate account with the Bank of Georgia in GBP, USD, GEL and EUR. In other words, you can have one corporate account with many currencies and deal with each currency separately;
- The bank provides an Internet banking and SMS banking.
The Bank of Georgia approaches the issues of each corporate client individually, having a staff of professional specialists with extensive experience in business areas. Opening an account with the Bank of Georgia gives the beneficiary an opportunity to receive not only professional answers to any questions, but also advice that will benefit the growth and development of the company.
- Maintenance of the account: from 2 to 3.9 GEL (1 GEL – 0.39 USD) per month;
- Outgoing payments – 0.2%, min 10 USD, max 500 USD.
- Correspondent banks may charge an additional fee.
If you would like to register an account with the Bank of Georgia, then you should prepare the following documents:
- Trust Deed;
- Company Certificate;
- Memorandum and Articles of Association;
- Certificate of a Good Standing, if the company operates more than 1 year;
- A letter of recommendation from the bank in which the account was previously opened.
- All the documents must be translated into the official language of Georgia (or into English) and certified by a notary;
- The price of opening an account with personal visit is 1390 EUR.
- Opening an account will take about 3-4 days.
If you want to open a corporate account with the Bank of Georgia, please contact YB Case specialists for professional advice on registering companies in Georgia and opening Georgian bank accounts!