Opening an account with Caixa Geral de Depositos, as one of the leading banks in Portugal, will be a good solution for those, who intend to do business in Southern Europe.
Caixa Geral de Depósitos is the largest public banking corporation, and is also Portugal’s 2nd largest bank. The institution provides universal banking services, including a wide range of financial services.
A bank informationOpening a corporate account with Caixa Geral de Depositos can be a good idea by the following reasons:
- Over 142 years of stable operation;
- The head office is in Lisbon, Portugal;
- More than 19 subsidiaries, branches and representative offices in America, in the countries of Africa, Asia and Europe;
- Services: a commercial and investment banking, the insurance, venture and brokerage capital, an asset management, a specialized lending, leasing and resale of real estate;
- Currencies: EUR;
- The presence of an English-language interface.
TariffsIf you intend to open an account for a company with Caixa Geral de Depositos (Portugal), we recommend you taking a closer look at the rates of this institution:
- A minimum amount for opening an account with Caixa Geral de Depositos is 500 EUR;
- An account maintenance is 10 EUR/month;
- A current account with an average monthly balance of financial assets, exceeding 7,500 EUR, or an average monthly balance of liabilities exceeding 7,500 EUR – 5 EUR/month;
- For customers with an average monthly turnover balance of more than 250,000 EUR – a free account maintenance.
Those, who plan to open an account with Caixa Geral de Depositos, are invited to consider connecting the following packages:
- Conta Caixa Business: a current account, 50 free monthly SEPA + transfers (online banking, a mobile application), the issuance of 1 debit card. The annual maintenance fee is 84 EUR.
- Conta Caixa Business+: a current account, 50 free monthly SEPA + transfers (online banking, a mobile application), the issuance of 2 debit and 2 credit cards. The annual maintenance fee is 150 EUR.
It is important to considerThose, who want to open an account with a bank of Portugal, should pay attention to the following:
- A cost of qualified support in opening a bank account with Caixa Geral de Depositos from YB Case experts is 4,500 EUR;
- Terms of the account opening are 2-3 weeks.
In addition, you have the opportunity to open an account with a Portuguese bank remotely. To clarify the details, we recommend you ordering professional advice on opening an account for a company in Portugal by calling us at the contacts, listed on the site.