The European Union (EU) is an association of 27 European countries. It was created for economic development between countries and a customs union between them. Registering a company in the EU may be a good solution, as you will have the opportunity to freely trade your goods and services in the territories of EU countries.
Due to the fact, that the EU is a subject of international public law, it has a right to participate in international relations and enter into international transactions. We would like to draw the attention of those, who wish to open a company in the EU, that a single market has been created within all the countries, that make up the European Union. Today, in 19 countries of the EU used a single currency, due to which the Eurozone was formed.
Entrepreneurs, who want to start a business in the EU, will be interested in learning about the advantages:
- no passport control within the Schengen countries;
- a customs union (prohibits duties on trade between member states);
- a free movement of products and a capital (freedom of movement of capital: it means, that there is the possibility of freely making payments and transfers across borders, as well as buying real estate, company shares).
YB Case specialists can consult in more detail on this issue.
In order to open a company in the EU, it will be useful to know, that:
- both individuals and legal entities can conduct business in the EU, a residency of which, most often, does not matter;
- pay a minimum authorized capital, that will be needed (the amount will vary, depending on which jurisdiction you choose).
Forms of doing business in the European Union
A most common forms of opening companies in the EU are a Joint Stock Company (JSC) and a Limited Liability Company (LLC). The founders of such enterprises can be either one or several entrepreneurs, who will have an opportunity to obtain a residence permit in a particular jurisdiction.
Given the fact, that Great Britain withdrew from the European Union, it is now possible to register a company in the EU on the territory of 27 countries. Our team provides an opportunity to open a company in each of these states, which include:
Having decided to open a company in the EU, we can consider Latvia as a good option for doing business. This jurisdiction is a member of the World Trade Organization, and the registration of a company in Latvia may open up the following advantages for you:
- Preferential modes. This means, that when receiving dividends from other countries, this income is not taxed.
- Obtaining a multiple entry visa. It makes it possible to move freely within the states, that have signed the Schengen Agreement.
- No currency control.
- An opportunity to obtain a residence permit in Latvia, subject to certain conditions.
- Obtaining a tax resident certificate.
This jurisdiction is included in the European and Shingen zones. The advantages of registering a company in Lithuania may be:
- No customs barriers in the EU;
- No double taxation;
- A possibility of obtaining a residence permit in Lithuania;
- No currency control;
- VAT refund and accounting;
- An opportunity to enter the European market.
It is a state with an optimized tax system. This jurisdiction may be interesting for those, who wish to register a company in the EU due to such advantages:
- zero tax rates for non-residents;
- double taxation agreements signed with 60 countries;
- a low level of corruption;
- direct access to the EU markets.
You can learn more about registering a company in Estonia by consulting with our specialist.
A jurisdiction is also a member of the European Union, so we want to draw your attention to the advantages of establishing a company in Slovakia:
- It is possible to obtain a tax resident certificate;
- A possibility of voluntarily registering a VAT taxpayer status;
- Double taxation avoidance agreements signed;
- A possibility of obtaining a residence permit.
It is a state with a favorable economic and investment climate. It might be a good idea to register a company in Bulgaria, given the country’s advantages:
- an opportunity to enter the European market;
- low tax rates;
- a possibility to obtain a residence permit.
If you want to set up a company in the European Union and conduct duty-free trade, there is an opportunity to register an LLC in Bulgaria. YB Case employees can consult in more detail.
It is a state, which consists of 16 federal states. The advantages for registering a company in Germany are as follows:
- a reliable banking system;
- no banking control;
- a low inflation;
- signing a double tax treaty with 70 countries.
This jurisdiction is a good option for doing business. A country occupies most of the Iberian Peninsula and is divided into 17 autonomous communities and 2 autonomous cities.
Our specialized experts are ready to provide you with personal advice on registering a company in Spain.
When choosing Finland as a jurisdiction to open a European company, please note, that there are a number of reasons for registering a company in Finland:
- a political stability;
- the economic potential of the country;
- a flexible taxation legislation;
- a strategic geographic location;
- an opportunity to obtain a residence permit.
This is a jurisdiction, that is considered a largest center for doing business. Therefore, it is attractive to foreign investors. The following advantages also play a positive role in choosing Malta as a platform for those, who wish to start a business in the European Union:
- the advantageous geographical position;
- a stability in the political and economic systems;
- a progressive legislative framework;
- the access to leading global economic markets;
- signed double taxation avoidance agreements with many countries.
Our specialists can help you to register a company in Malta and in other European jurisdictions.
YB Case specialists are ready to provide full support in registering a company in the European Union, as well as in purchasing an existing company in the EU. In order to start cooperation with us, order personal advice with a profile specialist by contacting the contacts, listed on the site.