Greece (the official name is the Hellenic Republic) is a country that is located in Southern Europe. It is a member of the European Union and NATO.
Despite the problems that were related to the crisis in 2009, today the state economy has a positive trend. Therefore, if you conduct international activities and want to register a European company, then this jurisdiction will be a good option for you.
If you decide to set up a company in Greece, ask for a professional advice from experienced YB Case experts. We will provide you with legal support at every stage of business registration.
You can enjoy a variety of tax benefits if you will register any of the following legal forms:
- Public Limited Company (AE);
- Limited Liability Company (EPE);
- Private Capital Company (IKE);
- Limited Liability Partnership (OE/EE);
Limited Liability Company (EPE) and Public Limited Company (AE) are the most common forms.
In addition, branches of foreign companies that operate outside of Greece are in demand. Branches are an analogue of offshore, because they are exempt from income tax and can take advantage of the double taxation avoidance agreement (DTAA).
How to register an LLC in Greece?
In order to set up an LLC in Greece, please request for individual qualified advice on the company registration process from our experts.
First of all, you need to choose a name for the company. It should relate to your type of activity. The next step will be a description of the company's activities and its Charter. Determine the period for which you decided to register a Greek company (you can extend it later).
Also, you will need the following:
- Registered office within the state;
- The share capital of at least 4,500 Euro;
- Specification of the shares of each participant in the share capital;
- The number of participants: at least 1;
- Minimum number of accountants: 1;
- A company manager (must have an identification number).
How to set up a PLC in Greece (AE)?
If you want to register a Societé Anonyme company in Greece, then you will need the following:
- To choose a name for a company that is associated with the activity;
- To describe the activities of the company;
- To draw up a Charter;
- To register an office in Greece;
- To have a minimum capital of 60,000 Euro;
- To specify the participation interests of shareholders in the share capital;
- To determine the period for which you decided to set up an AE company in Greece (it can be extended later).
- Minimum number of shareholders: 1;
- Board of Directors: from 3 to 7 people (each must have a tax number);
- 2 accountants.
Company name approval process
After the preparatory stage and the collection of documentation, our team will provide you with legal assistance in obtaining preliminary approval of the company name.
You will need to pay stamp duty to the National Bank (1% of the amount of the share capital). Next will be the submission of the Charter to a special service for its registration and payment of tax on the concentration of capital (1%) of the amount of the share capital to the National Bank.
After registering in the Chamber of Commerce, you will be charged a yearly fee.
All this will take about 20 days.
Vat number and a bank account
To set up a Greek company it is also necessary to obtain VAT numbers and open an account in the Greek bank (in order to contribute the share capital to a corporate account).
Check with our specialists for details.
After the obtaining of full package of documents that confirms the existence of the company (name, Charter, company information, tax number, description of the company’s activities, etc.), you can conduct international business in the state.
If you want to open a company in Greece, then keep in mind that you need to submit an annual report for the past year (until March 31 of the current year). In addition, it is necessary to file a tax return (VAT – 19%) every 2 months.
In order to become the owner of a business in Greece and to register a company and open an account for a Greek company, it is necessary to take into account all the features and requirements of this jurisdiction.
To receive support services and arrange a business as quickly and efficiently as possible, please refer to our experts using the contacts listed on the site.