Mozambique is an independent country located in Southern Africa on the coast of the Indian Ocean.
Those, who want to establish a company in Mozambique and open an account with a Mozambique bank must know the following:
- The neighboring countries are: South Africa, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Zambia and Eswatini;
- The official language is Portuguese;
- The country is a member of ACP, OIC, AU, SADC, NAM and others;
- Mozambican metical (MZN) is the official currency.
For more information about the country, you can ask for qualified advice on company registration procedure in Mozambique from YB Case experts.
Popular business typesIn order to start a business in Mozambique, you can choose one of the following promising solutions:
- To set up a mining company in Mozambique. The country is the third largest gas exporter in Africa. Also, there are deposits of diamonds and other precious stones, as well as gold and copper, hard coal, minerals (gabbro, granite and marble), industrial minerals (bauxite, beryllium, corundum, mica, graphite), tin, rare earth metals (Davidite), niobium and tantalum.
- To register a tourism company in Mozambique;
- To set up a Mozambique agricultural company (cotton, cashew, sugarcane, tea, cassava, corn, coconuts, sisal, citrus and tropical fruits, potatoes, sunflowers);
- To register an export company in Mozambique (gas, oil, timber, food products, textiles);
- To open a Mozambique fishing company (tuna and shrimp).
Mozambique has an economically significant Indian diaspora, therefore relations with India are of great importance, friendly relations with Brazil (due to linguistic and cultural similarities) and China, which is actively investing in the infrastructure and mineral resources of Mozambique.
If you want to learn more about business advantages of this jurisdiction, you can receive individual advice on company registration process in Mozambique from YB Case specialists.
Legal forms & tax treatmentThose, who are intended to set up a company in Mozambique and open an account for a company in Mozambique, must consider the following legal forms:
- LLC (LDA);
- PLC (SA);
20% on dividends, interest payments, royalties and capital gains on shares
Most businessmen decide to register a LLC in Mozambique. There is a tax credit of up to 5 years for companies promoting innovation technologies.
How to establish your own business in MozambiqueIn order to open a company in Mozambique, you will need two directors and shareholders of any nationality. Also, you can set up a Mozambique company remotely and open a bank account remotely. Our specialists recommend that you consider the following banks:
- Standard Bank;
- First national bank.
Terms of registration are 5 weeks.
For more information, please request for personal advice on business organization process in Mozambique. Also, YB Case experts will provide you with professional advice on opening a Mozambique corporate bank account.