Numerous software developers, HR providers, and outsourcing companies are seeking to register a company in Xian. Since November 2006, the city has opened an aviation industry and the development of aerospace technologies. Another sector of the city’s economy is the automotive industry, which is dominated by the large corporation Shaanxi.
Xian is the capital of Shaanxi Province and the former capital of 13 Chinese states. It is one of the oldest cities in China. Xian is famous for the longest city wall and archaeological find (the terracotta army), as well as numerous other attractions useful for investment in tourism in Xi’an. In terms of quality of life, Xian ranks 145th out of 231 in the 2018 city ranking. It is also one of the most densely populated cities (over 10 million people). The prefecture is not only the territorial center of China, but is also considered a key center of the economy, industry and education in the PRC.
Xian’s economy is based on tourism and technology. Telecommunications companies such as Datang Telecom and Huawei are located here, as well as foreign companies CTE, CATT, NEC, Fujitsu and Siemens.
Key branches of the economy, where it is profitable to establish a company in Xian:
- tourism and social services;
- light industry;
- chemical industry;
Current directions, that you should pay attention, if you plan to register a company in China in 2020:
- services sector;
- pharmaceuticals and medical clinics;
- the property;
- protecting the environment and rationalizing the use of natural resources;
- international trade;
A company registration in Xian (China): what are the advantages of this jurisdiction?
- 9 Free Economic Zones (aviation, space and high technologies, ecology and economics);
- A developed financial sector and banking;
- A steadily growing economy;
- A stable political environment;
- High quality of life;
- A strong scientific base;
- Innovation is welcome;
- Favors for foreign investment;
- There are preferences for start-up businesses and growth opportunities;
- Educated skilled population;
- A developed transport infrastructure;
- A flexible tax system to attract investors to register a company in Xian:
For legal entities
Registering a company in the field of high technologies in China
Registering a service/social project company in Xian
12,5% (3 first years)
Personal income tax
How to set up a company in China (Xian)?
If you intend to open a company in Xian, please contact YB Case specialists at the numbers, indicated in the site. Our staff will provide you with advice on opening a corporate account in China, obtaining a license to do business in Xian. Please note, that in the process of establishing a Chinese company, you need to prepare a package of documents, that will need to be submitted to the following authorities:
- Ministry of Commerce of the PRC;
- Trade and Industry Administration;
- Foreign Exchange Control Department;
- Customs authorities;
- Revenue Service of the PRC.
What legal forms of enterprises you can register in Xiana in 2020:
- To register a representative office (RO) in Xian. It is an easy-to-register way to start a business in China, which allows you to control the quality of the manufactured product, work with suppliers, conduct market analytics. However, it should be borne in mind, that with such legal form there is no possibility of obtaining direct profit and entering into agreements.
- To open a Chinese Joint Venture (JV). According to the Directory for the Management of Foreign Direct Investment*, which explains the rights of various companies with foreign investment, restricted activities can only be carried out with a resident partner.
*There are 3 categories of activities in this list: encouraged, restricted and prohibited. The rest are allowed.
- To set up a company with 100% foreign capital (WFOE) in Xian. The most common form for non-resident investors, who wish to register a company in Xian, is considered to be an international business with total foreign capital (WFOE).
- To open a branch (B) in China.
Requirements for a company registration in Xian (China):
- a unique name;
- a list of company services*;
- the number of founders and shareholders is at least 1 (individuals/companies);
- a minimum authorized capital is 500 thousand CNY;
- a supervisor and a legal address (office) are required;
- the annual auditing;
- a financial report is required.
*The activities of the company are designated and approved by MOFCOM (Ministry of Commerce) and AIC (Registration Administration of Industry and Commerce), these data are included in the company’s license. The name of the legal representative is indicated in the documentation.
Please note, that it is not always possible to open an account for a company in China remotely.
For more detailed information on a company registration in Xian you can receive individual advice on opening a business in China from YB Case team.