Located in Melanesia, the Republic of Vanuatu lies some 800 kilometres west of Fiji, 540 kilometres northeast of New Caledonia, 970 kilometres southeast of the Solomon Islands and nearly 1800 kilometres east of Australia. The capital of Vanuatu is Port Vila. The official languages are English and French. The national currency is the vatu. The main economic sectors are agriculture, tourism and fishing. Vanuatu provides entrepreneurs from other countries with favorable conditions for conducting business: registering a company in Vanuatu or opening a bank account in the Republic of Vanuatu takes very little time and is hassle-free.
Should you need advice on doing business in Vanuatu or require assistance in registering a company in Vanuatu, please do not hesitate to contact our experts
BENEFITS OF REGISTERING A COMPANY IN VANUATU
The main advantages of setting up a company in Vanuatu are:
- no taxes for companies that do not conduct business or generate profit in Vanuatu
- foreign companies can conduct any activity permitted by Vanuatu law;
- no currency controls;
- information about controlling persons can only be accessed by requesting a court order;
- shareholder meetings can be held in any country.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO ESTABLISH A COMPANY IN VANUATU?
Our experts have extensive experience working with foreign companies. They will be happy to provide you with detailed advice on the registration of a company in Vanuatu.
- Providing IDs of beneficiaries, directors and shareholders proving their identity and confirming their place of residence;
- Having a company’s charter;
- Providing description of a company’s structure and activities;
- Providing description of a company’s type (please note that foreign entrepreneurs often choose to set up an international company in Vanuatu);
- Having an authorized capital of $10,000 (the term «authorized capital» is not used with international companies);
- Having a local agent;
- Having a legal address in Vanuatu;
- Having at least one shareholder;
- Having at least one director;
- Paying an annual state duty of $300;
- Paying a registration state duty of $150.
IMPORTANT: ALL THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS ARE VALID FOR 20 YEARS.
If you decide to register a company in Vanuatu”, you should keep in mind that words like “fund insurance”, “finance”, “bank” cannot be used. To be able to use them, you will need to get special permission.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO REGISTER A COMPANY IN VANUATU REMOTELY?
Yes, it is. The time required for establishing a commercial firm in Vanuatu remotely is 10 days.
HOW QUICKLY CAN ONE SET UP AN ENTERPRISE IN VANUATU?
If you decide to open a commercial firm in Vanuatu or open a corporate account with a bank in the Republic of Vanuatu, our experts will be happy to lend you a hand with that. If you are a broker, you can obtain a Forex license for Vanuatu. Please note that the minimum amount of capital required for registering a Forex company in Vanuatu is $48,000.
Interested in registering a company in Vanuatu? Please consider contacting YB Case.