Hong Kong is a unique “gateway” to Asian markets. Often, businessmen, who are engaged in international activities and want to find new partners and customers in China, use this jurisdiction to open new business. They seek to register a company in Hong Kong or open an account with a Hong Kong bank. A good option for entrepreneurs is to open a bank account with Standard Chartered Bank.
Standard Chartered Bank was established in 1859. It works under the name Standard Chartered Bank (HK) Limited. It is one of the three banking institutions, that are authorized to issue banknotes. A bank has representative offices in more than 50 countries. Our experts will provide you with qualified advice on how to open a corporate account with Standard Chartered Bank (HK), and and provide you with information about the features of entrepreneurship in this country.
What documents YOU NEED to open an account with a Hong Kong bank?It should be borne in mind that banks in this jurisdiction are strict in their examination of customers. It is known that, before opening an account for a company in Hong Kong, institutions seek to learn more about their customers and look for all available information about them, including social media accounts. Therefore, the document preparation process must be taken seriously and our staff will provide you with qualified assistance in collecting all the necessary documents for opening a bank account in Hong Kong.
Preliminary list of documents for opening an account with Standard Chartered Bank:
- Company registration documents;
- An annual report;
- A Charter (a copy);
- A Certificate of Good Standing, if the company exists for more than 12 months;
- Documents of the beneficiary, director, shareholder, which confirm the identity and a place of residence;
- Bank statements;
- Banking institution recommendations;
- A description of the business structure;
- A description of a company, partners and customers;
- The main sources of income;
- It is necessary to prove a connection with the Asian region;
- A stamp of the company.
If you decide to open an account with a Hong Kong bank remotely, you should know, that this cannot be done at the moment. The beneficiary needs to visit the state in person in order to meet with bank employees. Documents for opening an account with Standard Chartered Bank must be submitted in English or Chinese, and notarized.
Bank tariffsIf you want to open an account for a company with Standard Chartered Bank (HK), you need to deposit 1,000 EUR into your account (in accordance with bank rates). The balance must always have a minimum of 10,000 EUR. The account must be active. If the account is inactive, the bank reserves the right to close it.
- An outgoing transfer of funds is 22 €.
- An incoming transfer of funds is 6 €.
- Terms for opening an account with Standard Chartered Bank are from 3 weeks.