Making a commercial business in the USA is a profitable solution for entrepreneurs. The continent is famous for its low cost of company registration, a high level of protection for shareholders' property, the ability to open branches outside America, as well as a high level of confidentiality. Registering a company in America remotely allows you to reduce cash costs and save you time.
The information about Michigan
Michigan is a region in the northwestern United States. The state capital is Lansing, but Detroit is the largest city. The official language is English.
For new entrepreneurs, who decide to establish a commercial firm in Michigan, an excellent solution would be to familiarize themselves with the priority sectors of the state’s economy. Michigan, and in particular the city of Detroit, is the automobile capital of the United States. The number of financial centers is increasing, a tourism is developing. High rates of development in agriculture, food industry and mining.
A company registration in Michigan (USA)
At the beginning of your entrepreneurial activity, you need to decide on the legal form of your enterprise. You can set up a company in the United States in the form of:
- LLC in Free Zone;
The most common form of establishing a company in the United States is a Limited Liability Company (LLC). Setting up an LLC in Michigan has its own advantages, in particular, tax payments to the state can be legally avoided.
The next step is to register a TM in Michigan. A US trademark must be a unique and must be registered with the USPTO (United States Trademark Office). For LLC companies, the name must contain either an abbreviation or the termination Limited.
To open a business in Michigan quickly and unhindered, you must adhere to requirements of the state:
- both residents and non-residents are entitled to register an enterprise in Michigan;
- the number of founders and shareholders is not limited;
- it is necessary to register the company's Charter in an open Registry;
- a prerequisite is opening an account with an American bank;
- the annual reporting.
If you decide to register a commercial firm in Michigan remotely or in person, you need to obtain a permission to conduct business in the state of Michigan. Licenses simplify a tax reporting.
A state taxation
The field of taxation requires a clear understanding of all subtleties for a successful business in America.
- Michigan corporate tax is 21%.
- An income tax is 4,25%. Please note, that 22 state cities have different income taxes: from 1% for residents and from 0,5% for non-residents.
- A sales tax is 6% (food and medicines are exempt from this tax). The state also levies a tax on online sales and sales outside the jurisdiction of 6%. Those, who wish to register a Michigan company, should remember, that you need to get the identification number, that is required to track your tax reporting.
Our company will do everything possible so registering a business in the USA takes a minimum of time for you and brings maximum success. Also, YB Case specialists will assist in opening a bank account in Michigan, analyze the business environment of the region you are interested in, and help in obtaining US licenses for certain types of activities.