Tbilisi FIZ is one of 4 free zones located in Eastern Georgia. It was founded in November 2015 by BitFury Group – a major player in the mining market and one of the first industrial miners in the world. Setting up a company in Tbilisi FIZ is one of the most popular options for conducting business in Georgia.
The free industrial zone is located in the Gldani district and covers an area of 17 hectares, which consists of 28 land plots. Also, there are smart offices, warehouses and equipped office premises. BitFury acquired this territory from the state for a symbolic price of 1 GEL in exchange for investments in the development of the zone.
For more information, you can ask for personal advice on business organization process in Georgian FIZ from YB Case experts. Also, we can provide you with legal support services in virtual office registration in Tbilisi and opening a Georgian bank multi currency account.
Key benefits of jurisdiction
If you plan to register your own business in Tbilisi FIZ, you should know the following:
- There is no need for hiring employees;
- There is a tax of only 4% for sales of goods and services between companies located in free zones and within the Georgia;
- If you decide to open a Tbilisi FIZ company, you will be exempt from the following taxes: on repatriation, on dividends, on export and import, VAT and corporate tax;
- FIZ enterprises have not to file a financial disclosure;
- There are no fees for permission to build structures inside the preferential zone;
- There is no need for independent audit.
To date, about 200 companies are operating in the FIZ of Tbilisi. If you are interested in registering a Georgian company remotely, you can request for individual advice on license obtaining procedure in Tbilisi FIZ and opening a corporate account with a Bank of Georgia.
Those, who are intended to set up a company in the FIZ of Tbilisi, must take into account the following:
- There are no requirements for renting a physical office. Instead, you can order virtual office services in Georgia from YB Case experts;
- Tbilisi FIZ is located in the capital of Georgia, so you have an opportunity to gain access to more than 75% qualified workforce.
If you want to open a company in Georgian FIZ, you will need to obtain a trade license in Tbilisi or Forex license, banking license and others, depending on the type of your business activity.
YB Case lawyers can provide you with a legal assistance in obtaining a license in Tbilisi FIZ. The cost of a license: 4 000-15 000 USD.
How to set up a company in Georgia remotely
To learn more, you can receive qualified advice on company registration process in the FIZ of Tbilisi and obtaining a tax number. Also, our specialists can provide you with legal support services in opening a Georgian bank corporate account.
The price of YB Case services: 2 900 EUR.