Schwyz is the central Swiss canton bordering on Lake Zurich and Lake Lucerne. The Canton of Schwyz offers many attractive advantages for investors, in addition to environmental factors, skilled workforce, the best banking system in the world and a high quality of life.
Leading logistics routes run through Switzerland. The state was the first to engage in serious work with cryptocurrencies and, as a result, is a leader in this field, as well as in financial matters in general. Therefore, setting up a crypto company in Schwyz or registering a FinTech company in Switzerland will be the right decision.
If you want to register a company in the Canton of Schwyz, then consider the following:
- The capital of canton is also called Schwyz;
- The population of the canton is more than 155 thousand people;
- An area of the canton is 907.9 km2;
- Schwyz is surrounded by St. Gallen, Lucerne, Uri, Glarus, Zug and Nidwalden;
- GDP per person is about 60 000 CHF.
Distribution of employment:
- 71% – tourism and services.
- 17% – production of industrial goods.
- 12.4% – agricultural production.
For more information, please ask for individual advice on business organization process in Schwyz from YB Case experts.
Leading economic sectorsThose, who are intended to set up a company in the Canton of Schwyz and open an account with a Swiss bank, should take a closer look at the following economic spheres:
- Mineral extraction;
- Service sector;
- Food production;
- Cattle breeding.
Legal formsIf you want to open your own business in Switzerland, then consider such business entity types as:
- Holding company;
Setting up an AG in Switzerland, registering a GmbH in Schwyz and opening a LP/GP are the most appropriate options for non-residents due to the ease of doing business.
Registration requirementsThose, who are planning to open a company in the Canton of Schwyz must fulfill the following conditions of regulator:
- The documentation must be prepared in German;
- You will need to choose a unique name for your future company. Also, it should contain an abbreviated or full legal form;
- You need at least 2 directors and shareholders to register a Swiss company remotely (they should be Swiss citizens);
- To set up a GmbH in Schwitz you should prepare 20 thousand CHF, and in order to register a joint-stock company in Switzerland (AG) – 100 thousand CHF;
- Any company must have a registered office in Schwitz;
- Accounting is mandatory, as well as submitting a financial report (once a year).
You can receive a qualified advisor on company registration procedure in Switzerland by calling our office. Also, YB Case experts can provide you with a legal support services on corporate account opening in Schwyz.
Tax ratesThere are two municipalities in Schwyz and, unlike most other Swiss cantons, the districts are autonomous self-governing units. While municipalities also have their own sphere of activity independent of the canton, the districts carry out only those tasks assigned to them by cantonal legislation.
If you are planning to set up a Swiss company, then you should know that both municipalities and areas are entitled to taxation; they set their own taxes. Schwyz County is the only district in the canton which has a rural community and has no civil communities.
Those, who want to register a company in Schwyz and open an account for a Swiss company will be subject to the following taxes:
- The basic corporate tax rate in Switzerland is 8,5%;
- Cantonal income tax rate is 2,25%;
- WHT on dividends/interest payments is 35% (it is possible to reduce it to 15%, 10% and 5%);
- The standard rate of VAT is 8%. It is possible to reduce rates to 3.8% and 2.5%. If the company’s income is less than 100 000 CHF per year, then it is exempt from tax.