A free zone (FZ) is a part of a city in which full foreign ownership of a business is allowed without participation.
Formed back in 2006, Masdar City FZ focuses primarily on developing renewable energy sources. You can establish a renewable energy business in the city of Masdar by cooperating with Abu Dhabi University. The university has a long history of success converting its renewable energy projects into lucrative businesses.
Abu Dhabi is a global center of excellence in renewable technology.
Thinking about starting a business in Masdar or Abu Dhabi? Need help from a qualified advisor? Please consider contacting YB Case.
FZ BENEFITS IN MASDAR
Occupying an area of 6 square kilometers, Masdar FZ is located near the Abu Dhabi International Airport and is world-famous for its environmental projects. Entrepreneurs seeking to establish a commercial company in Masdar should keep in mind the following advantages of this FZ:
- 100% foreign ownership allowed;
- no income tax;
- repatriation of funds;
- simple and quick registration of organizations in Masdar City;
- obtaining visas and licenses;
- leading positions in international and regional markets;
- availability of highly qualified labor force;
- large selection of business centers and office premises;
- partnership with R&B Hub;
FORMS OF BUSINESS IN MASDAR
- Subsidiary of a foreign/UAE company.
Please note that setting up an LLC in FZ of Masdar requires having a minimum capital of AED 50,000 (12,420 euros). Getting a business license in Masdar gives you the right to conduct commercial activities only in the territory of this FZ. Products manufactured in this FZ can be exported to other regions through intermediaries.
HOW TO GET LICENSES IN MASDAR CITY FZ
Enterprises operating in Masdar City FZ specialize in solar energy, water supply, energy conservation, smart grids and electric vehicles.
You can set up a company in Masdar FZ in one of the following areas:
- energy production;
- distribution of energy;
- environment and air;
- waste recycling;
- green economy;
- system applications;
- the communication;
- natural products;
- water supply;
- energy storage;
- equipment for efficient energy;
BASIC REQUIREMENTS, THAT YOU MUST COMPLY WITH TO REGISTER A BUSINESS IN MASDAR CITY
- having a brand reservation certificate;
- obtaining permission from the relevant authorities in Masdar;
- providing shareholder passports (copies);
- providing a resume and a copy of the passport of an appointed manager;
- having a business object lease agreement;
- providing a personal information sheet (for shareholders and director);
- having a power of attorney (notarized and certified) for the appointment of a legal representative to set up the Abu Dhabi Masdar City company
FOR A CORPORATION OR A REPRESENTATIVE OFFICE, ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- legal corporate documents (MOA and AOA);
- a certificate of registration;
- a council resolution indicating Abu Dhabi Masdar City Enterprise Plan.
Looking to register a company in Abu Dhabi? Need to open an account with a UAE bank? Seeking advice on starting a business in Masdar City? Why not reach out to YB Case?